Find this page at:
Be On the LookOut
Month-by-month lists of common plant diseases, pests, and other problems you may encounter in North Carolina yards and gardens. Authors: Matt Bertone, Mike Munster, and Lee Butler, Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology.
CAUTIONS TO THE USER
- There are many diseases, disorders, and arthropods not included in this list
- Many arthropods can be observed throughout the mild or warmer parts of the year (March-November), and are not included here.
- Problems can occur in months other than those indicated, though less frequently.
- Timing and occurrence of these pests and diseases may vary across the physiographic regions of the state.
- Always check the “multiple hosts” listings at the top of each section, as well as the individual plant of interest, since not every problem is listed for every individual host.
- These lists are based on data and experience in the state of North Carolina, USA and may not reflect phenology elsewhere.
- Revisit these pages periodically, as new items may be added over time.
- Since their problems don’t change much over the course of the year, there’s a separate BOLO page for houseplants.